Eric is a registered patent lawyer with an emphasis on litigating matters before the United States District Courts. Eric has also litigated cases before the International Trade Commission and the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
Eric was the Technology Director & Editor for the SMU Science & Technology Law Review, President of the SMU Intellectual Property Organization, and a member of the Honorable Barbara M. G. Lynn American Inn of Court.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Texas A&M University, Mechanical Engineering, 2011
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S Courts of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts - All Districts of Texas, Southern District of California, Central District of California, and Northern District of California
- Represented patent owner in argument and appeal of an inter partes review before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals to vindicate the validity of the patent
- Defended two clients in US International Trade Commission matter involving modular LED display panel systems
- Part of a trial team that obtained a jury verdict for damages in a patent infringement lawsuit involving multi-monitor display systems
- Defended manufacturer of degradable composite metals (i.e. frac balls) in the Southern District of Texas in patent infringement suit filed by full stream oil and gas company
- Represented medical device company in competitor case involving ablation devices in the Central District of California
- Defended supplier of corrugated pallets in trade secret case in Florida
- Represented patent owner in a dispute over wireless computer networking technology, including 802.11, in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented patent owner in licensing of a portfolio related to big data processing
- Represented patent owner in infringement matter concerning wireless location-based services in the Eastern District of Texas
- Defended manufacturer of audio soundbars in design patent case in the Central District of California
- Represented inventor of technology related to interactive images in digital advertisements in patent infringement matter the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented company in patent dispute regarding tetrahedral amorphous carbon layers for glass substrates in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented patent technology and licensing company in patent infringement dispute involving ingestible pill camera devices in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented surface mount electronics manufacturer in patent infringement case in the Southern District of California.