Complex Commercial Litigation
Our litigators have extensive litigation and trial experience in bet-the-company commercial cases. We have successfully litigated cases involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, antitrust violations, tortious interference, and many others. While we are always prepared to go to trial, we have obtained successful early resolutions using innovative strategies, we have prevailed summary judgment arguments, and have used other mechanisms for achieving early resolutions in favor of our clients. Having spent a quarter century at some of the largest and best firms in the country, we founded WSL to provide top-tier bespoke service to a broader range of clients in litigation, all while giving our clients agility and advantages that no large firm can deliver.
Select cases handled by our litigators include:
- Represented the largest tortilla manufacturer in the United States against charges of monopolization filed by 17 small tortilla manufacturers that claimed $84 million in damages (jury trial in the Southern District of Texas, resulting in a directed verdict for the defense that was affirmed on appeal) (5th Cir., S.D. Tex.)
- Represented one of the largest medical device companies in the United States in antitrust litigation related to medical devices used in spinal-fusion surgery (obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s claims through a motion for summary judgment one month before trial) (D. Colo.)
- Represented one of the largest online vacation rental companies in the world in a dispute with a nonprofit housing rights organization that challenged the legality of certain vacation rentals in the city of San Francisco (obtained dismissal of plaintiff’s claims through a motion to dismiss) (Cal. Super. – San Francisco Cnty.)
- Represented one of the largest online vacation rental companies in the world in a dispute with a major United States city over the legality of the vacation rental business within the city (N.D. Cal.)
- Represented one of the largest online vacation rental companies in the world in a dispute with a major United States city over the legality of the vacation rental business within the city (D. Or.)
- Representing a plaintiff telecommunications equipment company in prosecuting breach of contract and intentional interference claims (Tex. Dist. – Travis Cnty.)
- Defending a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in breach of contract and bankruptcy-related litigation (S.D. Tex.)
- Representing a plaintiff telecommunications company in litigation involving allegations of fraud, perjury, embezzlement and fraudulent transfer (Tex. Dist. – Collin Cnty.)
- Representing a major energy company in a federal grand jury investigation and related civil litigation relating to natural gas transactions (E.D. Tex.)
- Represented one of the largest banks in the United States in a fraud and conversion case wherein the plaintiff claimed more than $450 million in damages (jury trial in Harris County, Texas, resulting in a defense verdict and an award of attorney’s fees to the bank) (Tex. Dist. – Harris Cnty.)
See our attorneys’ profiles for additional examples of WSL’s substantial experience in this area of law.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.