Our patent litigators’ combined technical knowledge and deep litigation experience have enabled us to achieve a long history of bench and jury trial success when cases must be tried.
In many other cases, we have obtained successful early resolutions resulting from innovative strategies, favorable claim construction in Markman hearings, prevailing summary judgment arguments, and other mechanisms for achieving early resolutions in favor of our clients.
We have successfully tried notable “bet-the-company” patent litigation cases. We also handle investigations before the International Trade Commission (ITC), and proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Select cases handled by our patent litigators include:
- Lead counsel to operating companies prosecuting multiple cases related to VOIP technology against the world’s leading social media, publishing, retail, financial, and technology companies (E.D. Tex., W.D. Tex.)
- Lead counsel to operating companies prosecuting multiple cases related to tagging and self navigation, interactive video technology against video content providers (E.D. Tex., W.D. Tex.)
- Lead counsel to technology company prosecuting case involving determining a website visitor’s intent, predicting and providing content based on that intent against the largest social media company in the world (W.D. Tex.)
- Lead counsel to technology company prosecuting case involving using multiple cameras to perform a variety and security and convenience functions on a smartphone against the largest smartphone manufacturer in the United States (W.D. Tex.)
- Lead counsel for a major home-automation company in investigation regarding smart thermostat technology (ITC)
- Defending one of the world’s largest cellular phone providers in a patent infringement case involving secure authorization technology (E.D. Tex.)
- Lead counsel to a wireless handset manufacturer in investigation regarding media player technology; obtained summary determination of invalidity based on lack of patentability; affirmed on appeal (ITC)
- Lead counsel for the world’s leading PC manufacturer in investigations regarding audio, video, and computer hardware and software technologies (ITC)
- Represented one of the largest medical device companies in the United States in a three-week jury trial of patent infringement claims related to angioplasty catheter design technology (W.D. Okla.)
- Represented a large wire and cable manufacturer in patent infringement litigation against a major competitor related to technology used to impregnate commercial and residential building wire with lubricants designed to reduce friction during installation (E.D. Tex., N.D. Ga.)
- Represented a national cellular service provider in patent infringement litigation related to GPS technology used to generate maps on smartphones (W.D. Tex.)
- Representing the world’s largest personal computer company in dozens of cases involving WiFi, WiMax, 3G, 4G and Bluetooth® wireless technologies (E.D. Tex., W.D. Tex., D. Del., N.D. Cal., C.D. Cal., S.D. Cal., E.D. Va.)
See our attorneys’ profiles for additional examples of WSL’s substantial experience in this area of law.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.